Thursday, September 12, 2013

The meaning of food in my life


            Food is such an important part of everyone’s life. It is essential for a human body to survive. If a person does not eat, their bones can start getting eaten away to become energy and a heart attack is also possible. Food has become especially important in my health, being busy can make you forget to eat and neglect your body, which did happen to me. Your body starts to absorb your bones as energy, and slowly your body can become equivalent to that of a diabetic. So now not only is food essential for my health, but it has become one of the most important parts of my life.
            I come from a Dominican family, portions are usually large. We eat food like rice, beans, roasted pork shoulder, and different forms of plantains. Coming from a Hispanic heritage, I was taught that food is a very important part of our culture. When we celebrate anything, food is involved. When I was younger if I didn't eat my food, I was force fed. Even now that I’m older when I visit any family members, if I say I’m not hungry, people usually nag me until I do eat. 
         

No comments:

Post a Comment